22 Aralık 2008 Pazartesi

Ronaldo Gets Ballon D'or




Ronaldo Gets Ballon D'or

Cristiano Ronaldo picked up his most prestigious award yet as he took home the world famous Ballon D'or - the European Footballer of the Year Award!

He was in Paris for the full 3 hour show alongside Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who gave Ronaldo a standing ovation when the time came.

Ronaldo was grateful to Ferguson, and all his team-mates.

"I've been playing for Manchester for five years - I feel at home," said the 23-year-old Ronaldo. "I'm happy at Manchester and want to stay."

"I'm an ambitious person. I don't want it to stop here," said Ronaldo reflecting on his success. "I think we have to keep trying to win trophies, collectively and individually. I'm on the right track.

"It's always special to reach this level, the important thing is to stay there. The idea is to keep progressing, collectively and individually as well. Without my team I couldn't have won it, and I have to thank them also."

Sir alex had kind words for him, and said it was good for Manchester United to have such an accomplished player - the first United player to win the Award since George Best some years back!

"It's a long time since we won one, 40 years ago," said Ferguson. "Of course, he's only 23. He's only just beginning. When players get to 26 they start to mature."



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder